FINALLY HOME!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

West Coast Time

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

JOY = LOVE

JOY -  Jesus Others Yourself


JOY is a choice
The law of attraction says whatever you focus on you get more of. Your heart secretly attracts what it loves or fears. Hebrews 12:1-3 says that we need to keep our eyes on Christ. As we learn to focus our faith on Christ we learn to find our JOY in knowing, loving and serving Him.  

At home, we try to focus on JOY.  I'll ask the kids - "Is Jesus in your heart and are you thinking of Others before Yourself"  It's a simple concept of keeping JOY in the right order.  Jesus, Others, Yourself. 

On July 3, 2010.  Morgan, Ryan & Daniella got baptized and accepted CHRIST in their heart.  They made this decision at summer camp.  In fact, it was when we visited Daniella during sabbath... the kids witnessed the baptisms and decided right then and there that they also wanted to give their hearts to the Lord.   


"I have no greater JOY than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."  (3 John 4)  

  
Morgan selected:  Ephesians 2:10 
as his bible verse to be read before being baptized.

Ephesians 2:8-10 (New International Version)

8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.






Ryan selected:  Roman's 3:23

Romans 3:23-24 (New International Version)

23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

 
Daniella selected a bible verse that her counselor Chrissy shared with her when she was having a hard time (homesick) during her week at camp.  It made such an impact on her... she has memorized it and says it daily... and we have named this BLOG "Strong & Courageous" because of it.



Joshua 1:9 (New International Version)

9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."


To feel GOD'S presence at camp, and to see all the smiles on everyone's faces and to have family & friends there to share this moment - filled my heart with such JOY!  And yes... I believe the HEAVENS were also celebrating with us!  


I'm so thankful that our kids were able to experience camp this summer.  What a blessing each and every counselor and mentor has been to them.  This is truly a summer of their independence and growth.  What a blessing that Dale was able to be a part of this before he left for his deployment. 


I will pray continuously for my children... even MORE since they've made the decision to follow CHRIST!  Thank you for joining me in prayer, that they will continue on the right path and that they will always keep JOY in their hearts!   My prayers will also be that they will not keep this JOY to themselves... but also be a LIGHT unto this world!  By sharing their JOY of Christ to those they meet.  Not just in the words they say... but in their actions and reactions in their EVERY DAY life.


*thanks to my cousin Gigi Jacobs for taking such beautiful photos of the kids getting baptized

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to know that your husband is returning from his deployment. I know how worried Dani was, but I also know how strong you and your family are to take this period with such a commitment to joy. It was God who gave me that first to share with Daniella - it helped me when I struggled with homesickness myself. Know that you are always in my prayers, and I hope our paths cross again, soon.

    Love,
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete