FINALLY HOME!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

West Coast Time

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tomorrow

Annie was the first Broadway Musical I remember seeing as a kid.   I loved it so much that I would lay down next to our tan colored dog (a Japanese Akita named Aikko) and pretend that she was just like the dog Sandy in the play.  I would sing while stroking her fur and with all the emotions, I would pretend to be little orphan Annie.  Day dreaming and wishing for a better world.   I must've been 8 or 9 years old.  At one point, I think I did this daily… just sing and pretend.  Not to mention, annoy my brother to no end!

"The sun'll come out… TOMORROW, 
betcha bottom dollar that 
TOMORROW - they'll be sun!  

Just thinking' about TOMORROW.. 
clears away the cobwebs and the sorrows - 
till there's NONE!  

When I'm stuck with a day
that's grey and lonely!
I just stick out my chin
and grin… and SAY - Oh

The sun'll come out… TOMORROW, 
so you gotta hang on till Tomorrow
Come what may…

Tomorrow, Tomorrow…
I LOVE YA… Tomorrow!
You're only a day away!!!!

(imagine me singing even louder now building to a crescendo… and about this time my older brother Len would be screaming to my mom, "PLEASE…make her stop singing!")

TOMORROW!  TOMORROW!
I LOVE YA… TOMORROW
YOU'RE ONLY A DAY A-W-A-Y!!

Who knew at the time that this song was already teaching me how to think positively and not focus on what could be wrong today… but that "TOMORROW, there will be sun!  Just hang on… and wait for tomorrow."   It's called - Hope.  When you have it in your heart… no one can take that away from you.

This reminds me of the time I had Ryan.  He was born 12 weeks premature (2lbs 11oz when he was born).  He stayed in the NICU for 7 weeks to feed and grow and basically for his lungs to develop more.  Every day when I held him in my arms… I would close my eyes and day dream.  In my mind, he was healthy and happy.  He was running and jumping.  He was older and bigger… not so small and frail.  He had so many different wires attached to him… to help him breathe, to watch his heart, to regulate his body temperature… and who knows what else!   I would pray.  I whispered my prayers in his ears.  I was strong and courageous during that time.  EVERYDAY I held Ryan I knew that those thoughts of him running around was just around the corner… and here we are… 11 years later... trying hard to keep him still.  

This time apart from Dale… is no different!  When I hug and kiss my kids goodnight and when we pray together, I still close my eyes and I see us all reunited again.  Visualizing us all together as a family again is my focus... it's what I see when in my minds eyes.   Eight months is nothing compared to a LIFETIME together... it's only a short time in the grand scheme of things!  TOMORROW!  TOMORROW!  I LOVE YA... TOMORROW... YOU'RE ONLY A DAY A-------WAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment