FINALLY HOME!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

West Coast Time

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

my little fish


Well, after a long morning of trying to motivate... we're finally here at the indoor pool at Lake Ashton. Love this pool... out of the sun, indoor ping pong tables... not to mention internet access. Can't beat it. Kids get to swim and have fun (what kids are supposed to do during the summer)... and I get to relax, catch up on blogging and facebook... and organize my photos. I easily have over a thousand photos just this summer... so glad we're in a digital world!!!

Ryan cracks me up with his letter... I try to contain this kid and have him slow down and sit still... but it's like tying up a wild animal! The boy just needs to move. He's most happy when he's outdoors and active. He's found MomMom's ankle weights and walks around with them all over the house. He weighed himself today and he weighs a whopping 68lbs! Can you imagine our little 2 pound 11 ounce boy is 68 pounds! Praise GOD that he is healthy and normal.

Mia woke up screaming and fighting with someone in her dream. Apparently she was fighting for a sprinkled donut. I had to laugh because this is what she was crying about? Seriously! WHY? MomMom had a good laugh when I told her... so, of course... like a good grandma - when she was out shopping - she stopped at the bakery and got her grand-daughter a sprinkled donut. This put a HUGE smile on Mia's face this afternoon at lunch! I'm sad that you'll be missing this stage... it's really my favorite time/age! If I could only bottle her up and wait for you to come back and see her now!!! Every day she's doing and saying something new. I'll be happy when you finally get to Kuwait and we can skype daily so she can see you.

Dani continues to ask to be home schooled next year. Oh what to do? She's a huge help with Mia and helps with her all the time. Not sure what I would do without her... she's amazing! Right now she's swimming with Mia... catching her as her baby sister jumps in fearlessly into the water! I'm still not sure what to do about next year and her schooling. Will I regret NOT homeschooling her? She is growing up so fast. Maybe I should try it for one year. School on Guam starts in 6 weeks... I guess we'll just have to see.

Morgan... our tween, who is taller than I am... who's voice is always imitating someone other than himself - is growing so fast. He stepped on the scale today and is already 115 lbs. He's been working out more and trying to develop his six-pack... he's constantly eating and making good choices saying, "this won't get me my six-pack". ha ha! When you return in 8 months I won't be surprised if he's taller than you. I think that is his goal. Today he asked me, "Mommy, what should we focus more on... music or martial arts?" He answered his own question and said, "we should concentrate on music and have martial arts as our hobby". He spent most of the morning youTubing piano tutorials and watching and learning new pieces like, "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton and "Ribbon in The Sky" by Stevie Wonder. He's also reading (or supposed to be reading) JD Salingers, "The Catcher in the Rye" - but he keeps going back to the piano. Can't stop him... it's probably for the best - since I recall the character in the book is a bit rebellious and in his teens. No need for Mo to learn about these things just yet. He's already growing up too fast!

It's been 9 days since we hugged you good-bye. The time is going by slowly... even though we're having so much fun. The kids are doing great. I'm doing great. We love you so much and are proud of you sweetie for being a wonderful leader. We miss you and know that soon this time will speed up and in a blink this time apart will be over. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!!! xoxoxo For Always my LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment