FINALLY HOME!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

West Coast Time

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Disney Magic

Dani asked me how long has it been since Daddy's been gone and it's hard to believe that it's only been 8 days. It seems much longer than a week! We've been distracted with some great fun and of course being here with my parents in Florida. But it's still not complete when Dale's not with us.

We just returned from 4 days of Disney Magic Fun. It was jammed pack of fun and late nights. We were able to enjoy the Military Appreciation Special of $99 for 4 days. Comes with a price though... a deployed daddy! It's wonderful that the park honors military families with these appreciation tickets every so often. Eight years ago, we took advantage of the Military Appreciation and brought the boys to Disney when Morgan turned 4 years old and Ryan was still 2. A great week spent with our cousins and their families! The memories of that vacation is still fresh in my memory... even after 8 years!!


Disney never disappoints! The kids enjoyed themselves so much - especially little Mia, who is at the perfect age to enjoy meeting all the different characters! She loves Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse and had a blast walking around their cottage homes and getting pictures with them! Oh to be three!!



There was a part during the 4 days at the park where I was brought back in time. When Dale & I started dating we lived 3 hours away from each other. Dale lived in North Chicago, IL and I was living and working in Mishawaka, IN. Our very first date... when it was just the two of us... he drove 3 hours to take me to see the new Disney movie - Aladdin. That was 18 years ago! Amazing how the song "A Whole New World" brought back all those feelings of "love" and how much I missed my sweetheart! Who knew the words would mean so much now as it did then... he has truly shown me the world! As we're worlds apart right now... I look forward to our time when we'll be reunited to continue our journey together!!!

I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me, princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride

A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you
Now I'm in a whole new world with you

Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feeling
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky

A whole new world
Don't you dare close your eyes
A hundred thousand things to see
Hold your breath - it gets better
I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be

A whole new world
Every turn a surprise
With new horizons to pursue
Every moment red-letter
I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with you

A whole new world
That's where we'll be
A thrilling chase
A wondrous place
For you and me

No comments:

Post a Comment