FINALLY HOME!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

West Coast Time

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

this STINKS!

Being a single parent STINKS.  It really does.  When I cook, my wonderful hubby will usually clean up the kitchen.  If he cooks... I'll offer to wash the dishes.  With him away for the next few months... Momma's got double duty.  THIS STINKS.  Let me just also add that we do not have a dish washer where we currently live.  One little drawback to living in our resort paradise!!

Well.. now my house literally STINKS!  Have you ever burned something on the stove?  The smell is awful.  I fell asleep the other night, scratching Ryan's back.  It was probably 8:30pm.  I forgot that I started a slow cook of Chicken Adobo for dinner the next night.  Being a solo-Momma - I am trying to stay ahead of the game.  Well... my efforts put me way behind the ball... and now I'm trying everything I can to eliminate the STINK in my house.  All of my peeps that call me "SUPERMOM"... well, I am not, obviously!  A superMOM would never let something like this happen!

I'm so thankful that I woke up at around 1:30am the next morning.  Going to turn off the lights, I started to smell the burning food in the pot... and panicked!  FIVE HOURS of unattended cooking, chicken adobo burned to a crisp... the night could have been a much different disaster - thankfully we only lost dinner!  I'm thankful that we're all safe.  Uggh!  So not cool on my part!

This will NOT happen again.  This can't happen again... I don't do well with STINK... my sense of smell is too sensitive.   The lingering odor of the burnt chicken is a reminder that I need to be more attentive - can't let my guard down for a second!!   Miss you, my love!!!  THIS STINKS being away from you...



Psalm 4:8 (New International Version)

 8 I will lie down and sleep in peace,
       for you alone, O LORD,
       make me dwell in safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment