FINALLY HOME!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

West Coast Time

Friday, September 24, 2010

... one of those days...

It's only noon and I'm having one of those amazing, everything's going your way kind of days.

Kids woke up and were self-sufficient.  Dressed.  Fed themselves breakfast.  I offered... but they already got it done!  Dani made eggs and was eating a sliced apple.  Ryan was eating some hawaiian bread rolls with strawberry jelly... and Mo - he made himself a big bowl of oatmeal.  They even put their plates in the sink.  Hmmm... that's weird - it's becoming a habit.  I LIKE THAT!

The night before I told the kids that I was going to pick them up from school because Morgan had a dental appointment at 3:30pm... and their bus arrives here at our house around 3:50pm.  But then I realized... today is a bit crazy.  The whole week sped by and I needed to catch up.  Post Office at the Naval Hospital to pick up our mail and mail a few envelopes and package for Dad's birthday.... to get there in time... and then there was our 10:30am Swim Lesson back at our neighborhood pool.

With disappointment - the kids heard me say, "Mo's appointment is cancelled today - take the bus home".  I chose not to run around the island all day today.  I could always reschedule!  Mia needed her nap before the birthday party we were going to in the evening all the way up at ANDERSEN.  Can't believe I'm saying that... "Andersen is so far away"... it's on the tip of this island... and only a 45 minute drive.  Island living has finally set in.  Driving from the middle of the island to the tip... oooohhh - far!  What a joke, yet here I am... realizing it is far!

The kids got on the bus... kissed me farewell and an hour later the phone rings and it's the Dental Office - oops, I forgot that I was supposed to call them to cancel.  But before I could speak, the receptionist was apologizing, "I'm sorry, Mrs. Ramirez - we need to reschedule Morgan's appointment today".  Wow - I was just about to do that!  Thanks for calling ME!  That all worked out great!

Rushing out the door at 9:15am... I didn't have much time.  Praying before we left our driveway I specifically prayed for efficiency and to please make parking easy today.  Silly request.... just thought I'd put it out there.  Even prayed smiling as I said that.  Do you ever think God is too busy to hear our requests?  Even the smallest ones?

Going to get our mail is such an ordeal.  Parking is not easy... especially if you have a 3 year old... packages and dark clouds looming about all the time... ready to rain as soon as you're not expecting it!  Ahhh GUAM LIFE during rainy season!

Mia loves her swim lessons with Ms. Mandi!
Wouldn't you know.  For the first time EVER.  The ONE and ONLY ONE designated 15 min. Customer Parking Spot for the POST OFFICE  was available.  It's NEVER available!  The car was just pulling out as I got there.  Hmmm... "thanks, God!"  Mia & I efficiently mailed our things and headed over to the little NEX mini-mart to just grab some eggs, OJ and bananas for the weekend.  Wow - another parking spot OPEN at the very front... closest to the door.  Again, "Thank you, God!"  Small little blessings...

In & out.. just like that! Home with a lot of time to put away my purchases and get to the pool in time for Mia's swim class.  Brought my umbrella to swim class, too (which I never do)... and it starts to rain while we're there.  WOW!  All is just going my way!

Thanks Lord for hearing my simple prayer today.  The day is not even over and I know you are in complete control of everything!  Even if things do go wrong... I'm sure there's a reason beyond my understandings  :-)  I'm acknowledging you and thanking you for even the smallest things you provide... making my time here as a single-mommy (w/out Dale) easier.

Okay - back to work - more to get done!!!  :-)  Mia is napping... and kids will be on their way home on the bus (hope they remember) within the hour!

By the way... MISS YOU HONEY... we're doing good out here... but can't wait to hug and kiss you!

UPDATE ON HOW THE REST OF THE DAY WENT:
Around 3:15pm, around the time I was posting this.  Morgan calls to tell me, "Mommy, are you picking me up?"  At that moment I realized I told Ry & Dani about the "get on the bus home" part... and not Morgan.  So he sat and waited.  Kids got home before 4pm and we raced down to base.  It's a good 1/2 hour trip from our home to the school.  Front gate was closed (again) - and traffic was insane!  We ended up being in the car for over 2 hours before getting to our final destination.  Living on this little island - it's hard to believe that we could even be in a car for that long!  Ooh well...


Proverbs 3:5-6 (New International Version)

 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
       and lean not on your own understanding;
 6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
       and he will make your paths straight

No comments:

Post a Comment