FINALLY HOME!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

West Coast Time

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lazy days at Leo Palace = rest & feeling renewed

I do love lazy Sundays.  Not having to get dressed up.  Not having anywhere to go.  I could stay in my PJ's all day long and not care about it... unless someone knocked on my door, then I would care and race to my room and change!  But today, it was all about resting, nesting and just plain relaxing.  A great lazy day sunday - sleeping in until 9am!  Talking with my kids, laughing with my kids... being with my kids!

They woke up and decided to cook breakfast.  Mia and Dani made chocolate chip pancakes.  Ryan made some turkey bacon.  Morgan, well - he ate the MOST!  That's what growing boys do... they EAT A LOT!  Even though they don't ask me to contribute to their daily morning routine... I made some delicious fruit smoothies with my awesome BlendTec... and of course, cleaned up after everyone was stuffed and fed.  I'm amazed at how many plates, cups and spoons little people use!  I'm even more amazed at the amount of time I spend in my kitchen.  I call it my revolving door room.  Just when I have it clean.  It's a mess again for yet another meal.  A dishwasher would really be so nice to have up here at Leo Palace Duplexes... ooh how my dish pan hands miss having a dishwasher!

I do love where we live.  Leo Palace is such a beautiful resort.  It's quiet up here.  With Dale deployed - I'm so glad that we have don't have to worry about lawn service... it's already taken care of!  This week, I got a notice that the maintenance guys will be cleaning our Spanish roof tile.  I'm seriously guessing that they'll find about 50 golf balls up there!  We're "THE HOUSE" that is in the perfect location for shanked shots.  Maintenance already replaced 2 of our broken windows & one of them was broken twice!  Hmm - I do recall my brother almost hitting us standing on our back patio as we watched him & my dad tee off!  Thankfully Dale heard, "FORE!!!"  Thanks for the warning, Len!

If I could complain, which I don't like to do - but if I could I would say -
1. "I don't have enough storage" and
2.  "I miss having a dish washer.

"I don't have enough storage" - that just means I have too much!  Of course we do... after all, we moved from a 5 bedroom 4000sq foot home in SC to our island resort duplex with 3 bedrooms, small closets and probably 2300 sq. feet?  If that.

There are definite advantages though.  Less to clean.  All the kids in one room - so putting away laundry is a breeze!  And I already mentioned maintenance.  When something breaks... I call the housing office and they are so good about fixing the problem or at least attempting to.  Yes, this is a good place for me (and the kids) to be while Daddy Dale is deployed.

My complaint list is very very short compared to my "I LOVE THIS PLACE" list.  I mean, take a look at this place!  I may not have the storage space or a dishwasher... but we do have this!  These photos don't even do justice to actually living here!  And not only is it full of things to do and see... our neighbors are unmatched!  We are so incredibly blessed with awesome families that live on our street!  We're a good mix of Navy families, Continental Airline Pilot families, and families of a local construction company.  GOOD GOOD PEOPLE!!!!  Most of the Navy families work at the Naval Hospital because it's only 15 minutes down the hill.  We have ER docs, nurses, radiologist, dermatologist, family practice docs... so when/if something ever happens - we're in very good hands!  :-)



* bottom left photo is a 3 mile loop... to bike & walk.  It's fantastic!
* bottom right photo is a picture of the beautiful golf fairways.
Here is an Aerial photo of the beautiful Leo Palace Resort complex.  Hotel Belvedere, furnished Condo's, 5 pools, golf courses designed by Arnold Palmer & Jack Nickolas.  The large pond is where we go and feed the fish.  If you look at the small red roof buildings under the word Leo - those are the duplexes where we reside.  Wonderful walking distance to the hotel & condo pools, little mini-marts, an awesome bowling alley, private karaoke rooms, 5 different restaurants, ping pong tables and a fabulous 3 mile loop that circles around the entire complex.  Not to mention the red dirt trails that lead to amazing waterfalls, trail runs and awesome mountain biking and off roading with your 4x4's or 4 wheelers.  Just beware of the RED DIRT... that stuff sticks to your vehicles & clothing like nothing I've ever seen before!

We are able to use all of the pools except the Olympic size competition pool... which is reserved for the various competitive teams to train in.  Athletes from Korea and Japan come to stay and train here.  Baseball and Soccer teams... Track and Field teams... it's a busy busy little resort!  Yet on this lazy, lazy, lazy day Sunday... we did not take advantage of all this amazing-ness that Leo Palace has to offer!  That's truly how lazy it was today!  There's something to be said about choosing to "DO NOTHING"... there's therapy in that.  I feel refreshed!




















I love this photo of my family!  I love skype and staying connected!
We have a date with Daddy tonight on skype... it's the highlight of our LAZY DAY SUNDAY!   And yes, I'm still in my PJ's... all day long!  Good thing he'll only see me and not smell me!  haha - I know, TMI!  My sweet friend & neighbor commented once, "hey, at least you don't have to shave your legs for awhile, if you chose!"  Thought that was funny, yet so true!

Perhaps tomorrow we'll go hit the pools, or the trails... or perhaps feed the fish... or take a walk to the gift shops... or pick some star fruit off the trees... or some mango's.  We're only on this island for 10 more months... I know we will miss this little paradise of ours!

By the time Dale comes back home... we'll be packing up and heading to our next family adventure in San Diego, California.   I'm looking forward to being near family & friends!   I've never lived out on the West Coast before.  San Diego is where Dale was born & grew up - so it's coming full circle for him!  The question is will Dale retire in the next few years? After all, he'll have 20 years in the Navy by then.  Hmmm... we'll have to have a few more lazy days together to figure this one out.  I promise, I'll shower and shave!

Romans 12:2 (New International Version)

2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.


* the above photos of Leo Palace Resort are from Google images

2 comments:

  1. Saw this from your link on Facebook this morning. Beautiful tribute to Leo Palace! I am always amazed that even on your "restful" days you are so productive in your sharing with friends and family! Thank you for sharing the beauty of the words and images that are in your heart! You have such phenomenal gifts and talents. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... you're so sweet Jen! Posting this was probably my most productive of the day! But there is also value to the time spent with my kiddos and hearing them and just lovin' on them! Wouldn't you agree that sometimes it's in the quiet, unplanned, restful days you find clarity! Thanks for your thoughtful comment, Jen!

    ReplyDelete