FINALLY HOME!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

West Coast Time

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

staying connected...

I have to admit, I don't check my e'mail as often anymore since  FACEBOOK.  I still remember, while visiting Canada, my cousin Wally introduced me to this social networking world almost 4 years ago.  Hardly anyone I knew had an account - so it wasn't very social, yet.  Most people I knew had a mySpace account.  I had a mySpace account.  What I liked most about facebook vs. mySpace was it's clean lines and ease of use... and the ability to FIND friends and family easily.


Mark Zuckerberg (Image © Paul Sakuma/PA Photos)Thanks to Mark Zuckerberg & Andrew McCollum.  They created such an awesome tool to stay connected!  Mark Zuckerberg is one of the richest drop outs from Harvard!  He's famous and worth a lot of money for creating what we know as one of the fastest growing social networks today.

                                  Image © Paul Sakuma/PA Photos
While at Harvard in 2004, Mark Zuckerberg founded Facebook with the help of his roommates and computer science student Andrew McCollum. Zuckerberg dropped out of his studies to run the company. He's now the chief executive of Facebook - a company valued at $15 billion when Microsoft bought a 1.6% stake. 
Slowly but surely everyone I knew started joining and adding and sharing... and once this happened MY world became even smaller.  Connections were made.  Long lost friendships were reunited... not to mention a lot of time being spent on the computer.  It only became SOCIAL when others joined.  It meant nothing until then.  For months my facebook account sat opened, with no activity!  No one to interact with... until I started telling others about it and saying, "Hey, have you joined on Facebook yet?  You should give it a try!"


For the longest time, Dale would hop on my FB account and give it a try.  He was resistant to the idea of joining.  Perhaps not wanting to get sucked up in the vortex... which is so easy to do!  I found him on my account, leaving comments on his friends walls and photos... but it always looked like it was from me.  So finally, I just opened up a new e'mail account for him and signed him up to have his own.  I put it out there for a week and without him checking or knowing I signed him up... and his FRIENDS list started to grow and grow and grow!  Friends and Family were finding him, adding him and posting on his wall.


Now that Dale is deployed - Facebook has become an invaluable tool.  It's our way of communicating.  FB and Skype.  The distance doesn't seem so bad when you can communicate on a daily basis.  Sweet notes to say, "I love you" from my husband are the BEST and puts a smile on my face ALL DAY LONG!  I miss him... but this time is passing quickly and he'll be home before we know it! 







Dale Dan Ramirez
Dale Dan RamirezSeptember 21, 2010 at 11:43am
I love you honey!  Love you lots....
21 hours ago . Comment . Like . View Feedback (1) . See Wall-to-Wall







Ephesians 4:29 (New American Standard Bible)

 29Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.



As much as I appreciate and LOVE staying connected with family and friends.  I have to ask myself.  Am I giving this much attention to my relationship with God?  When I wake up in the morning do I reach for my computer before I reach for my bible?  Hmmmm... I've been guilty lately.  Guilty for sure!  Our kids are growing up in such a techy world.  Everything is fast and convenient.  We've come to the point where we're forcing them to SLOW DOWN and UNPLUG and RELAX.







In Luke 9:23 it says we must DENY ourselves and take up our cross.  It's clear.  What do you need to deny yourself today?  For me... it's probably some Facebook time.  As much as I enjoy it... and love reading my husband's sweet messages - I also LOVE to know & read & experience God's LOVE.  His blessings surround me every day!






Luke 9:23-25 (New International Version) 23Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. 24For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. 25What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self? 







The New American Standard Bible has a verse that speaks Facebook verbage... read it below.  POST and FIND ME.  Next time you post a message on your wall or make a search to FIND ME on facebook... take time to also read HIS WORD and start building the strongest network we can, while we can!

Proverbs 8:34-35 (New American Standard Bible)

 4"Blessed is the man who listens to me,
         Watching daily at my gates,
         Waiting at my doorposts.
    35"For he who finds me finds life
         And obtains favor from the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment