FINALLY HOME!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

West Coast Time

Sunday, September 19, 2010

my sons

My boys are growing so fast... and what a joy it is to watch them grow!  They are the best of friends.  I can still remember when Morgan was only 4 months old and Dale came home from work, we were living in Sicily, Italy at the time... I confidently said to my loving husband, "Honey, we need another one.  If we're going to be moving around the world every 3 years - we need to make sure our kids are close in age so they have each other as friends".  :-)  

Ha ha... can you imagine?  It's hard to believe that I made that decision so early into motherhood, especially after my first child... but it was the BEST decision ever!  I have to add though, Morgan was one of the easiest babies to take care of, a thumb sucker (self soother) and took great naps & slept well at night.  I tell him now that he tricked me into thinking motherhood was pretty easy!  And then came RYAN!  :-)  ha ha!  Totally opposite of his big brother - he made me truly earn my mother badge!  I LOVE watching my boys grow together.  How they rely on each other.  Encourage each other and laugh together!  It's a tight bond, for sure!  

They are 14 months apart... and are growing up to be such fantastic young men!  Morgan is now in 7th grade and here he is with all his 7th grade teachers this year at McCool Middle School.  It's our last year here on Guam.  And he has truly grown physically, spiritually and mentally here!  I can't even begin to imagine what the next 3 years in California will be like!  It's all happening too fast!  

He told me his favorite teacher this year is Mrs. Serrano, because she is strict but fun.  He also loves playing the alto saxophone (just like his uncle Len, back in the day!) This year, Morgan is in the advanced band.


This shirt was given to Ryan last night.  It's so fitting, really!   Poor guy... it's so true!  We prayed and prayed that he would be healthy and learn to walk and talk when he was such a little NICU baby, weighing 2lbs 11oz.  Now we can hardly keep him still.


Proverbs 2:1-6 (New International Version)

Moral Benefits of Wisdom

 1 My son, if you accept my words
       and store up my commands within you, 2 turning your ear to wisdom
       and applying your heart to understanding,
 3 and if you call out for insight
       and cry aloud for understanding,
 4 and if you look for it as for silver
       and search for it as for hidden treasure,
 5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD
       and find the knowledge of God.
 6 For the LORD gives wisdom,
       and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment