FINALLY HOME!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

West Coast Time

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

my first post...

I'm here in the sand for several months and Dorothy has been my "source" of survival out here...i'm having fun/proud of what i'm doing/learning much and serving my country without hesitation....i'm still away from my wonderful family; sure, i knew this could happen when i put on this uniform 18+ years ago - and here it is. 

Sacrifice:  My stint here defines sacrifice---putting my country first, defending freedom and doing MY share during this time of war -- albeit I am humbled with this opportunity, I'm SO BLESSED to have a devoted family who understands my role as a father - a military one, at that.

Above all, praying each day for strength, wisdom and patience - this is key to my daily endurance.  Next of all, Dorothy - she's my partner in life, my best friend.  It is comforting to know that she is at HOME taking care of our miraculous children...taking care of our family.  For this, I am ever thankful -- I am truly rich...not fiscally, but in love (for my dear family)....    Dorothy, I love you and our children - for always.  Daddy....

No comments:

Post a Comment