FINALLY HOME!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

West Coast Time

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back on Guam


We are back on Guam.  The 3 flights home were not bad at all.  I was sort of dreading the trip back... thinking it would feel super long.  It didn't.  The kids did fantastic.... so proud of them.  It is so nice to hear adults come up to me and tell me how well behaved the kids are and what a "good job" I must be doing.  That's such a huge compliment to me... when strangers go out of their way to tell me this.  THANK YOU!

The lady that came up to me couldn't help but laugh at Mia because while we were getting off the plane she heard me telling all the kids to be helpful.  When I handed all the various bags to the bigger kids, Mia felt left out, "... but Mommy, I want to help, too".  Walking down the airplane aisle, Mia began helping me push our backpack roller... and before I knew it she was holding on and riding it through the narrow aisle, dragging her little feet behind laughing, "I'm helping you, Mommy!"  Her fun actually broke my backpack... the little stinker.  How can I get mad though.. her intention was to help!

On the next leg of our journey, I was again blessed that there were kind passengers who cheerfully gave up their seats so my boys can be together on the long flights home.  I'm thankful for that kind gentleman who, without even asking, lifted our hand carry bags and stowed them in the overhead compartments... and then took them down for us in Hawaii.  These are small acts of kindness that I appreciate so much... from complete strangers!   Small blessings!  EVERYWHERE!

There was a moment right before taking off when Mia had a sad look on her face.  She looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I don't think daddy is coming to Guam.  Where is he?"  Oh my goodness... it was a genuine sadness in her voice and on her face.  With a forced smile and a lump in my throat I leaned over and gave her such a big hug and reassured her that daddy will be home soon.  It wasn't good enough for her.  "But where is he, mommy?  Is he at work?"

She's not clueless.  She knows.  She's questioning me.  I wonder if she'll remember him being gone for so long.  I think she will.  For now... we'll keep drawing pictures for Daddy, skype with him and talk via our computers as often as we can.  Daddy's little girl misses him so much!!!   Both of his girls miss him a lot!  WE ALL DO!


Our neighbors, Shelley and her son Jake... and also Jason, Pame and their daughter Jazzie welcomed us home with beautiful hand-picked floral lei's and hugs and kisses.  What a GREAT welcome!  Thank you for picking us up and making us always feel so special!

A delicious pesto pasta dinner  made for the kids (thank you Jason & Pame) for feeding my kids and letting them come over to eat... while I had my first "moment" at home, facing my reality!  Didn't expect those tears... they usually sneak up on me when I least expect it.   I'll claim a serious lack of sleep on that one!  Thank you also to Shelley for getting milk & bread for my fridge and making your delicious brownies for dessert!  How blessed I am to have such awesome families in my life!  God is always good!!!  Placing the right people in my life at the right time.  HIS timing always amazes me!  Thank you God!

It's been a great summer!  A full & fantastic summer!  Great reunions were made... and great memories, too!   The kids grew spiritually and physically... and through it all I feel strong and courageous to face my reality back home on GUAM, without Dale.   I know I'll have my moments when things will HIT me suddenly and feel overwhelmed... but I also know it's at those moments I will dig deeper and find strength that I didn't even know I had.  Love you all... thanks for your prayers!

1 Peter 5:2-4, 6-8 (New International Version)


2Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; 3not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. 4And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away. 6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 
7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 
Be self-controlled and alert. 


John 14:1  Jesus Comforts His Disciples


 1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment