FINALLY HOME!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

West Coast Time

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mia gets frustrated when she can't do what her
older brothers & sister do!  It's tough being 3!
When you're 3 years old, I guess life can be a little frustrating!  Mia had her craziest tantrum to date.  I'm still kind of laughing about it right now - but at the time it wasn't as funny... there were moments during her crying she kept asking me to stop laughing!  Honestly, I couldn't help it!  She was so off her knocker... what else could I do but laugh?

I'm guessing that her tantrum started when I asked the kids to change her to her "baby soup" (bathing suit) to go swimming, while I was on the phone.  They couldn't take off her shirt and she wanted to get out of the room... but no one would let her.  This is when she completely LOST IT!

When I went to calm her down and lay down with her... she couldn't hug me tight enough! She kept begging, "Mommy, hug me mommy, please!!  Hug me tighter!"  It wasn't tight enough unless my face was pressing onto hers.  It was to the point where she was hugging me so tight I couldn't breathe! (and yes, the whole time I'm trying not to laugh!)  Then when I went to wipe her tears... she cried louder saying, "don't wipe my tears mommy!"  This lasted for about 10 minutes.  She then decided and announced that she didn't love her brothers and sister anymore and wanted them to live with Max.  I'm guessing this is her little friend Max (on Guam).  She also wanted me to spank them all for what they did.

One of the last photos of Daddy with the kids before
his deployment to Kuwait...
and of course, they're all laughing!!  Miss you honey!
Helping her feel "heard", I called all the kids into the room... and lightly spanked their bottoms and told them that they had to leave because Mia didn't love them anymore.  With sad faces, they left.  Trying to give Mia her sense of control and "voice" back... they all agreed.  Mia & I watched through our bedroom window as the three older kids (hiding the smiles on their faces) walked outside pretending to leave.

Laying back on the bed... she felt in control again.  We laid there quietly for awhile.  She then whispered quietly to me and said, "mommy, can I go play with my brothers and sister outside?"  And like that... she was over it!

Each of the kids gave Mia a big hug and kiss asking if she will forgive them for making her feel locked in the room and not listening to her.  She felt so much better and gave each of them a BIG HUG and kiss!

Ephesians 4:32 (New International Version)
32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

My handsome
husband!  Looking
so official in his
new "sand" cammies!
Everyone wants to be heard.  Even when you're 3 years old!  Right now everything is different... and I want to be sensitive to how each of my kids are during this time. They each express change differently.  How important it is right now to be able to speak each of their LOVE language!  Through the years, I've learned that Morgan's love language is words of affirmation (just like his daddy), Ryan's is touch, Dani & Mia are both time!  And Mia is also touch!  Can anyone guess my love language?  Ahh, yes - ACTS OF SERVICE!

We're still vacationing in Florida and enjoying our time here with my parents.  I love being here with my mom & dad!  They are speaking my love language every day!  Helping with the kids and Mom always cooking... vacation here couldn't be any better!    Daddy Dale is far far away just starting his 8 month deployment in Kuwait. He's missing out on all the daily fun... but we know he's having fun where he is, too!  We're proud of you honey!  Do your thing and hurry back home!

Thankfully, the day ended GREAT!  The kids went swimming at the indoor pool at my parents community center.. and Daddy skyped us while we were there.  He was able to watch Mia jump in the water, flip over on her back and float for awhile... and then swim to the edge to get out of the pool.  THIS WAS A FIRST! A first for Mia and a first for all of us to see.  I'm so thankful for SKYPE and that Dale was able to witness our little Mia's water accomplishment!   YEAH!   Never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment