FINALLY HOME!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

West Coast Time

Sunday, April 3, 2011

BETTER TOGETHER

BETTER TOGETHER by Jack Johnson is a new favorite song of mine... because that is exactly how I feel... because as a family we are BETTER TOGETHER!  I feel complete once again!   It's been almost a month now since Dale came back home... and we are all back in the swing of things!!!

**EXHALE!**  We made it.  I made it.  He made it.  We all carried this deployment differently.  I'm so proud of the kids and how they pulled together and helped out... all in their own way.   I'm so thankful for my parents for coming out to be with us during the holidays and the tail end of Dale's deployment (3 months here on Guam)... truly making my time without Dale much more bearable!   This time apart has only made our relationship as a husband/wife - even stronger!  There were moments where it was tough... but overall - I am praising GOD for his watch care over us and for bringing us all HOME!



We never counted the days apart... never did a count down or a count up... we just got busy with LIFE and living in the moment and knowing that the reunion would be AWESOME once we got there!  Skype and Facebook were our only way of communication.  Surprisingly... we would go for over a week without talking to each other... which made for when we did talk to each other... much MORE special.  There was a "ticker" on my blog - and that's what I checked right before Dale arrived back home... and it read - 238 days!

**again, EXHALE!** TWO-HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHT DAYS!

It was such an exciting feeling once we got Dale's itinerary and knew that he was on his way home.  What a LONG journey it was!!  Ironically, Dale's arrival back to us - was only a 1/2 hour difference from when my parents were arriving back from their 3 week stay in the Philippines.  Talk about perfect timing... my parents arrived at 4am on Monday morning March 7th... and Dale arrived at 4:30am that same day!

Our command has a wonderful way of WELCOMING BACK their own... even at 4 in the morning... there was a BIG group in attendance to give Dale hugs and make him feel LOVED!!!  It was a bit overwhelming for Dale (he told me later) - and I must add... I was proud once again, of how the kids were able to share their Daddy with everyone that came out to say "WELCOME HOME".    Of course, they all jumped at him when they first caught a glimpse of him through the DO NOT ENTER doors... but that didn't stop them!  JOY filled my heart to see the excitement on the kids faces... and the BIG smile that Dale had as he walked through those doors... and as much as I was wanting to rush in on that moment... I was so happy I stood back and absorb it all and give our kids that time... and capture that JOY!!!


Romans 12
Love in Action
 9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another

No comments:

Post a Comment