FINALLY HOME!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

West Coast Time

Saturday, March 5, 2011

You know who you are... THANK YOU!

It's hard to believe that Dale will be making his way home to us in less than 33 hours! There were times this deployment felt long and times it felt like it went by quickly... so I'm wondering why these last few days have felt like a lifetime? The anticipation of it all is so exciting and exhausting and frustrating and relieving... does that even make any sense? 

When I think about the last 10 months and close my eyes... your faces are the ones I see and the voices I hear and the messages I recall... and the love I feel from near and far. I am so grateful for my family, childhood friends, college friends, Navy friends, church friends... neighbors... YOU were placed in my life for a reason and I just wanted to THANK YOU for the big things and the little things each of you did to make this time bearable. 

So many of you on this list of family & friends are far far away... and even from afar - you made a difference! Especially this past summer and thanksgiving when we traveled back to the states... THANK YOU!

Your smiles, your gestures, your actions, your talents, your mentoring my children, your visits and opening up your homes, your notes/e'mails/phone calls, packages were so appreciated! Most of all... your prayers and encouragement! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! ♥ 

If you are in the Guam area... I just wanted to let you know that Dale is arriving at a crazy early morning hour of 4:35am this MONDAY - March 7th! If for some reason you find yourself awake - you'll find my little family giddy with excitement and anticipation at the Guam Int'l Airport with BIG SMILES as we welcome home a very missed husband and daddy! 

In a few hours Dale will be waking up to head to LAX to wait and wait and travel and wait and travel and wait and travel... a terribly LONG journey - LAX - Honolulu - Marshall Islands - Guam. Please continue to pray for traveling mercies for him! Thanks bunches!!

... and again... I am so incredibly grateful for YOU in my life! ♥God is good!

♥ Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment