FINALLY HOME!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

West Coast Time

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy Sabbath! Happy New Year!



01.01.11 - Happy New Year! Two-thousand ELEVEN is finally here! The year DALE returns home from his deployment! So there is MUCH to celebrate! Yipeee!!!  I am so looking forward to the day of his return!

What a blessing it is to welcome the NEW YEAR on the SABBATH DAY! It's a great way to start anything! I still remember my first date with DALE... it was on a Saturday... and also at church. That was almost 18 years ago now... and God continues to bless us... even when we're far apart from each other!  I remember thinking back then... "How can we go wrong when we start it out with CHRIST?"

As much as I wanted to rest and relax this afternoon... my little family joined Pame & Jason Hwang (our neighbors) and Jason's little brother, Jeff (or "Bubby" visiting from Loma Linda, CA) on a Boonie Stomp into the hills and jungle of Leo Palace! :-)  Surprisingly... my mom willingly joined us and she blew me away! She LOVED it! Even though we didn't make it all the way down to the falls... *had to repel some pretty steep and slippery terrain* - I'm so proud of her and my little Mia for trekking it with us for 4 hours! We got back home in the dark!  Glad I was prepared and brought flashlights!

An Awesome Start... to an AWESOME YEAR! Looking forward to seeing what GOD brings our way and how our LIVES will be changed... for the better!!  HAPPY NEW YEAR and MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THIS YEAR! xxoo xoxoxo xxoo


Ryan and I were talking before MIDNIGHT last night and I asked him if he could pick out a bible verse that will help him start the NEW YEAR off right.  He had me look up "respect" and he came up with this bible text.  I love it!  He really wants to help more at the house... and get along with his sister (Dani).  I love that he came up with that and is making an effort to respect others... and to be helpful!

PHILIPPIANS 2:12-18
Do Everything Without Grumbling
 12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. 14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.”[c] Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16 as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. 17 But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 18 So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment